Question

computerjosh22

Should I even correct this information?
Hello. Back in 2005 I had a credit card that I stopped making payments on. I was unemployed and also not wise with money. The credit card was officially closes by the bank over nine years ago and went into collections. Of Crouse now any collection information has become outdated and had long fallen off. Infact I thought all information on this account had fallen until I recently looked at all three of my credit reports. One of my credit reports still shows the account as opened. And even more surprising its status is still open and paid as agreed. But it has no payment history on file nor any thing else for that matter. My question is should I even attempt to correct this? And if I do try to correct this could it restart the clock when it comes to company taking action against me?

Don't touch it. Disputing it would not reset it or anything terrible like that, but it could get removed and that would most likely drop your scores, how bad it would drop them would depend on your overall credit profile, but I would bet that this account plays an important role in the average age of your accounts since it is so old.