Question

constuctionman

Should I consolidate?
I have multiple cards from the same company and I pay them off each month. Would it be better for my credit score to consolidate down to one card? Or would this hurt my score?

Could hurt you.

Some of the factors that go into a good credit score are (1) Number of accounts you have, (2) Total available credit (3) Age of credit accounts (the older, the better).

When I consolidated my cards (three different financial institutions, total credit limit-$3000), the card they were consolidated to gave me a much higher credit limit and much lower interest rate.  I did not close the old cards, however, and my credit score did jump several points.  Only have to use the "old" cards once in a while to keep them active, otherwise they are safely stashed. My new card is the one I use a lot, but all cards are still active.

You may consider doing things this way.  Just don't close the "old" cards.