Shopping Cart Trick
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to rebuild my credit and was wondering if anyone has had luck with the shopping cart trick? If so, which ones would you recommend? I started with a score of around 490 last February and I'm now at 600 but I seem to be at a standstill for the past month. My biggest problem right now is $9,000 hospital bills from a miscarriage in 2012. I've tried working out something with them but not having much luck. One even told me they wanted it all at once or nothing and sent it to collections and since they billed separately for different procedures, I now have 24 items in collections. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

dropped my score 21-29 points :-(

Not very happy after doing this 'trick' as it knocked my score down for taking on 5 more cards through this trick. Now to see if 6 months of conservative use will help get those points I worked for come back. Sucks to be working on a crappy score for the past 10 months and now backtracking thanks to this. :-(

Most Helpful Response

wow that's a new one. i had to google "shopping cart trick" to figure out what you are talking about! never heard of it lol. it sounds like you're making some headway rebuilding your credit, even though your scores started EXTREMELY low! the bottom line is, if these agencies will not work for a pay for delete, then paying them off will most likely not help your credit, not in the short run. they are already years old, and as you move away from them, they effect your score less. you might have to just bite the bullet and wait for them to completely fall off after seven years. in the mean time, keep building your credit trade lines. make sure you get your credit card payments in before the end of your statement date. if you pay it in full before the end of your statement (and your payment also clears before the end of your statement), your balance will report zero with positive payment history. this is the ideal situation for credit scoring. keep building on your CC tradelines, and keep your balances low. 

It works

The shopping cart trick works. I have gotten approved for Buckle, the Limited, and NY&Co with it. I got these over the weekend, and the only card that showed up on credit here on ck this week was Buckle, and it only showed up on equifax, not tu. No hard inquiries, either. I got low limits, but since I had nothing but an auto loan and a 7 year old closed credit card and collections, I don't care! My eq score went up 45 points from just the one card. I haven't had any luck getting it to work on any of the other stores listed.

Enter Your Replyoh yeah, and overstock.