Question

sasuteme

scared I might have bad credit due to someone else
I found out my mother was using my personal information (SSN & name) to pay bills.
Now Im scared she ruined my credit. Is this even possible & would i be able to fix it?

Get copies of your credit report and file disputes against the items that are not your debts. Did she really hurt your credit or did she help it?

jwsister

Regrettably, Mom may also be guilty of fraud, should you desire to pursue that, depending on your relationship.  You could do an internet search of that information and confront her with the charges and penalties she could face if she doesn't cease this action.

To get your credit reports as wisely suggested in the previous reply, go to annualcreditreport.com.  Please check your credit reports once a year to make sure Mom is not using your information anymore.