Question

bchbus

"Report Card" versus "Credit Score simulator"
My score is 775 and I am exceptionally responsible financially.
Credit Karma's "Report Card" has me as all "A"'s except for a "C" in the credit card utilization section as I ALWAYS pay my monthly balance in full. To get an "A" in that category, you need to carry 1%-20% debt on your overall credit limits.
So I used Credit Karma's "Credit Score Simulator" and put down a hypothetical increase to credit card debt of about 5% of my total limits. Per the "Report card" this would give me an "A" in that area BUT when i do so, the credit score simulator drops my Fico down 20 FULL points. Can someone advise on this one as to me, its completely contradictory by Credit Karma "Increase the credit card debt you're carrying and we'll give you an "A" on the report card BUT we'll lower your credit score by 20 points" Thoughts anyone??/

Most Helpful Response

Sorry for the confusion, BCHBUS. The Credit Report Card is simply a comparison metric - members with the highest credit scores TEND to have utilization rates between 1% and 20%. Members who have a 0% utilization rate TEND to have lower scores. You don't need to worry about getting all "A"s in your Credit Report Card - it doesn't affect your score in any way.