Question

akjensmo

Removing paid judgments from reports
I have paid 2 judgments (5/2010 & 10/2010). I have sent disputes to the bureaus with no luck and the plaintiff and his attorney are neither listed on the judgments or the report. The plaintiff's attorney no longer works for the law firm so there is no way to contact him for a satisfaction. I have all of the documentation to substantiate my claim, but nobody is listening/acting. How can I get them removed/"satisfied" myself and on average how will it affect my score?

Most Helpful Response

Part of your credit history.

.Just because a judgement was satisfied (paid in full) does not mean it will drop off your credit report immediately.  It is part of your credit history and as such (and required under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a federal regulation) will remain for 7 years.  There is nothing that can change that.  Sorry

akjensmo

I appreciate the feedback. Follow-up; will my score change upon the judgments showing Paid?