Question

Aarondawg

Removal of Collection items...how long does it take to be removed from my credit rept and here?
Received letter from Collection Agy 2 weeks ago after complaining to local BBB.

Depending on whether the original creditor or collections agreed to retract the debt from your credit or just mark it as paid.

If they agreed to remove/retract it off, it can happen in a matter of ONE week!!! TRUST ME I DID IT! but it'll take a lot of phone calls :) I called the collections agency whom i got nowhere with, so i contacted the original creditor (the company who reported me to collections) and had them retract it from my credit.  They might tell you that they have to do research and give you a call back which they'll never call you back. I called 5 times every day. I think they got tired of hearing from me and finally removed it.

GOOD LUCK!

Aarondawg

Thank you.  However, the collection agency's name is listed on my credit reports.  I have a letter from them stating that they would remove the 4 items.

Regards,

AW

Aarondawg

UPDATE:  I just checked by credit reports, Transunion and Equifax, and the only place the collections items are showing is on here, Credit Karma!  LOL!