Question

FullyFreeFromHim

Recently Divorced
How to remove ex from my credit report. How to separate our credit?

If the accounts were joint accounts, there probably is not much that you can do as it is part of your credit history too. If you were only an authorized user on the accounts, then you can get removed and have the accounts removed from your credit reports, doing so may or may not hurt your credit.

CarlaBHawaii

This was very helpful, thank you. I have a couple of follow up questions.

I was an authorized user on two of my ex's credit card accounts. My ex and I contacted the credit card companies and removed me from the accounts about a month ago, however they still show up on my credit report as active credit cards. How long should it take the credit card company to remove these from my credit report?