Question

stoppre959

Questionable Cosign
I cosigned for a friend to get a Best Buy HSBC credit card 10 years ago when I was 21. At the time I didn't understand the implications but I do now! He hasn't destroyed my credit score, he makes his payments on time, but he keeps a high balance on the card, around 40%. I talked to him about it once and he closed the account and applied for a totally new card with Best Buy (this time it was through Capital One) but I still showed up on the new card as a cosigner! Is that even legal? The account with HSBC was closed and a new one opened 10 years later with Capital One.

Call Capital One up and find out what is happening,  Did they add you as a authorized user or did they set you up as a co-singer again.  Call and talk to a manager get pass the front line support folks on the phone.

The Best Buy Credit Card accounts moved from HBSC to CapitalOne sometime ago.   

Good Luck