Question

rmcash425

Question on low credit score?
I cosigned a loan for my son at citizens bank. I know he is late on his payments. Would this have made my credit score so low. I am trying to help get my son on his loan on college and it was turned down.

Are the late payments showing on your reports? If they are, then yes the late payments would be negatively affecting your scores. Tell your son to go to work or work more so he can pay his payments and I would not cosign any more loans for him unless you have no problem paying the loans if he does not. If you want to continue to try to help him get the loan, look for another lender. Keep in mind, that I am assuming that you have credit (current lines) and do not have any other negative information on your reports.