Question

fitsofharmony

Question about Judgement to a bankrupt company
I have a judgement on my credit report from a 2007 case against me. It's scheduled to drop off my credit report in 2015 but i was looking to possibly settle the debt. After multiple attempts to contact the company i have found out that they are bankrupt and no longer in business. Is there a way to remove this from my credit report since it is not possible to pay them back at this point?

Judgement is legal action.

A judgement is a legal action and  that is a matter of public record.  Even if you were to pay it off before now, the notification will remain on your credit record until the allowed time for it to drop off.  This is as it must be under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation. Sorry I can't help get it removed sooner.