Question

Fousto

Question about "Direct Dispute" services.
I am interested in looking into a possible error on my Equifax report using Direct Dispute service. However, im concerned that after credit karma contacts equifax about the debt, the debtor will then contact me directly. My question is, What personal information about me is given to the 3rd party for the dispute?

I am assuming you are talking about account in collection? Cus if it's with original creditor then they would already knew about you. When collection agency buys a debt account from either original creditor or other collection agency, It might comes with whatever Infos was associated with that account. And often time a new collection agency will pull your credit report to get your informations, and unfortunately, its permissible without your consent, it shows up as soft inquiry, that's one more reason to freeze your credit report.

-

Now, I don't know what exactly do they get from your report under that "permissible purpose", is it everything or if certain details are omitted, but at very least they will get your addys and phone numbers. It happens to many people, a collection suddenly show up on their report 2 years after been disputed off or was never reported, just right after they applying for mortgages.

-

If you are disputing inaccuracies? then by all means, however if you doing it to get Infos that you don't like deleted? then might want to weight it out, is if better to let sleeping dog lie or to poke it and taking chance being bite.