Question

FTHomeBuyer

Possible to Pay Collection before it's reported to Credit Bureau?
So I received a notice in the mail from a collection agency trying to collect on $150 dollars. I did not respond to the notice validating the amount within 30 days and they have sent another notice saying the debt is valid and I must pay it...
I checked the credit report this morning and it has not been reported to any bureaus yet...Wondering if the best course of action at this point is to call the collection agency and pay the debt in full and hope they don't report it at all? is this possible?
2) Send them a letter asking them to validate the debt? it has been more than 30 days and not sure if this will even work and they can still report it..Will this stop the collection agency from reporting while they validate?

Crazy timing as well because i am about to close on a mortgage loan (next 4 weeks) and I am extremely worried.

any help?