Question

tu2kel

pay off on credit report
on my credit report i see active or pending debt, minus my vehicle loans. If i pay off all of the loans will that help my credit score, and how long does it take to show.

Most Helpful Response

yes by lowering your debt utilization....and 30-60 days depending on when you pay and if the got the report already for that month 

Accounts in collections

So, I've started with the smaller accounts that I have in collections and have setup payment plans to get them straight.  I'm not doing settlements as I'm told that can hurt the score as well.

As I fix these accounts, I don't expect to go back and reopen them even if I can.  What's the average turn around time for the score to improve once an account is taken out of the red?