Question

KreditSkoring

Pay full or minimum
In terms of increasing credit score, is it better to pay minimum or pay full every month on one's credit cards. I have multiple credit cards, with only 2 with balances on it. The interest on these are 0% for the next 18 months. Utilization of my total credit is less than 5% (and won't go over 5% even with new spending). My question is whether to pay it off in full or pay the minimum in order to affect my credit scores positively. I have the cash to pay it off fully, so this is not a cash flow issue. I am mainly asking in order to increase my credit score.

Best to make it a habit to pay in full every month.

For the purposes of your credit score itself, it would not matter if you made minimum payments or paid the amount in full.   Its the utilization you are working with that has the biggest impact and you state you are already disciplined to keep the balance within an acceptable level.   While you have no interest for a period of time, the habits you develop now will carry over to the day when they begin charging you interest.   I would recommend the smart habit of paying them off in full montly so that went you zero percent interest ends you are not caught by surprised.  Its the free money that tricks you during the interest free period.  Routinely, when you set your standard of living based on the minimum payment period, its harder to adjust later.