Question

CedarCreekOldDebt

Pay for delete with two parties
Hello, I have an old apartment debt that I want to send a pay for delete request but the amount I plan to offer is not the total amount. My brother co-signed for the apartment even though he lives in another state and he has perfect credit other than this blemish so I want to use the pay for delete if the collections agency will agree to it. My question is, when composing the letter, do I need to have the other party (my brother) listed on the request, or if they agree on the pay for delete will it fall off of my credit report and also my brothers credit report as well.
I just don't know exactly how I should do this. The goal is to have the debt fall off of my brothers credit report, I really don't care if it is on mine or just shows paid, but I have this feeling that even if they agree to the pay for delete, it may be gone from my report but not my brothers, and they will probably still harass him for the balance.
Sorry for the long message, I'm just trying to be clear in explaining the result I am looking for and asking for advice.