Question

Alexander12495

Paid- Charged Off
I had wifi through Frontier Communications in the year of 2015. I had this service from March - June. I moved out of my apartment in June and didn't know the account was still open as I thought the account was paid and closed. I'm looking at my credit report now and it shows 60 days past due in Sep of 2015. This is the time that frontier called me and asked me about payment which I paid immediately because I didn't know I still had a balance due. It was processed Oct 1st for about $40. In Oct I have a "CO" which means charged off even though I paid it on my credit report. I have requested a paper from Frontier that show the payment was made and the account closed. But they don't know why it was Charged off if it was paid. I have also filed a dispute with Equifax to get this removed as I have never been late on a payment for anything.

Does anyone have any advise regarding this situation?
Should I ask Frontier to remove this from my account or does Equifax have to do this?
What does this mean for my credit?

Thank you!

Wait to get the results from the dispute with Equifax. What about Transunion and Experian, I am assuming it is not reported on them? Once you get the results from the dispute and if the account is still there, come back for further direction.