Question

brantford

Open a cc in my name and transfer the balance to a 0% APR how would that effect my credit score?
My credit score is very high.

My score wasn't real high when I consolidated 3 high interest credit cards into one at zero percent for 12 months.  Of course, I still have those cards tucked away in a safe place (because it is stupid to end established credit) and my score went up!  Not too likely it will hurt much.

Although, I do now have some checks with 0% interest on balance transfers from one card and, due to the increased usage on that card, my score went down from excellent to good.  Since I consider the dollar savings important, this should end up being no more than a temporary drop.