Question

hrodc

One of the agencies has my information all mixed up with someone else.
My information is accurate with two of the three credit agencies. But one of them has it all mixed up. I have a pretty good score where my info is accurate but a really bad one on the other. My question is: can that have a negative impact in my overall ability to obtain credit? (so far it hasn't). Should I worry about it and try to fix it? Can I safely ignore it, since it is obviously a mistake on their part? I mean, it clearly isn't identity theft since the two other agencies have accurate info.

Any time there is WRONG information on any of your credit reports, file a dispute with the credit bureau reporting it as quickly as possible.  That is one of the major reasons we are advised to check all  three credit reports on an annual basis, so we can catch and correct these errors.