Question

tryingimprove

On Credit Karma's advice
On Credit Karma's advice I applied to a card to consolidate credit. They said I would likely be approved.I was not. and the hard hit on my credit dropped me from GOOD to FAIR.How long will this take to go up again?I honestly think this will be an excellent tool, but I am afraid I am only now learning all the tools.

Most Helpful Response

KC rccomends I consolidate BUT...?

It shows offers for me to save money by consolidating my CC debt, except I pay the entire balance off every month on time. Never carry a balance. It may show 5, 000 balance, but that is just until I pay the balance off in full when it is due.

That said my question is that yes if we consolidated balances we carry we would save, but we do not carry any balances.

CK showing cards to transfer to just does not fit in our case ?

what do you make of this?

Thank you!

I am bringing all my balances down...and hope to soon have a zero balance...until then I will continue to stay current and pay off as quickly as possible...I am going to hold off applying for any new debt for now.

Credit Karma Suggestions

I think that Credit Karma shouldn't put suggestions on the page for you and also credit cards that you  would be accepted for with your credit score. I applied for bill consolidation loan thru Prosper which is affiliated with Credit Karma and was not accepted. When I started the process they stated they wouldn"t have a hit on my Credit report, now i wonder if there will be one. I am not going to take any of their suggestions on loans and credit cards.This is so misleading.