Question

budgetmaster95

Number of Accounts - Poor
Credit Karma says my number of accounts is in the poor range.
0-5 being very poor
6-10 being poor
11-20 being good
and 21+ being excellent

I have 8 accounts listed, 6 open, 2 closed.
I have a Visa card, a Discover card, an American Express card (that is new so not showing up on the report yet), 2 store credit cards, and 2 open loans (1 for my car, 1 that I'm listed as a co-signer on my husbands car loan), and 2 closed loans (1 for my old car, and 1 paid off personal loan).
I just got the american express card to try to boost my number of accounts - is this something worth working towards? I don't really like to see a "poor" rating on anything but with the addition of the american express card it's a little overwhelming to keep track of.
So, is it worth it to look into getting more credit cards to boost this score, and if so, does anyone have good credit card recommendations, and how long should I wait to apply for new cards?

Most Helpful Response

Under no circumstances should you be trying to appease the scoring system of Credit Karma. Lenders do not use Credit Karma in their lending decisions. Your profile looks just fine the way it is. Don't start applying for credit just because Credit Karma tells you to.