Question

mcgrotherwife

no credit or credit score!
I have no credit how can I build it up to be able to rent a home or apartment?

start with a small credit card. If nobody is willing to approve you, find a pre-paid credit card. You basically pay up front and whatever you "load" your credit card with that is your limit.

I originally filled out a credit card app I found at the gas station and was approved for $300. I strictly used it for gas to make sure I don't spend too much and asked for an increase every 6 months.

Also try adding a small overdraft line of credit to your checking account through your bank. Make sure you fully understand how it would work and charge you if you ever end up using it.