Question

AndyNYC777

New Credit Karma layout makes me feel old layout was misleading
Not a question, more of a rant. I followed every piece of advice given on this site. Made on time payments, no inquiries, all the advice given here. Did all the "what if's" to see how score would improve. Saw my score improve almost 100 points since signing up in 2012. Now today, with the new layout, my score has plummeted 80 points, and to be honest, I feel like we were misled by CK. It is a real punch to the stomach to see all your hard work turn out to be false.

Hi Andy.

We know that seeing your score "drop" is never pleasant, and the new layout takes some getting used to. The reality is that you have always had dozens, if not hundreds, of different credit scores. However, we think the VantageScore 3.0 which we now provide is better for our consumers overall. Since this score model is used by 7 out of the 10 largest financial institutions, it will give you a more realistic depiction of your score. The previous model was a more classic score model, but the VantageScore 3.0 is a more modern approach. You can read about it here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/VantageScore-3-0