Question

aaron367

New Account Opened
I recently opened an American Express Gold card and watched my credit score go from 731 to 650 right away. How long can I expect before my score rebounds or is AMEX bad because they don't report a limit?

first off,  you took a dive in your score from the Hard Credit Inquiry from Amex when you applied, and if they're not reporting a limit, yes your score will go down,  the more you use the card and spend, the more it'll go down.  that's what mine does.  my new bill came out today and my score dropped 83 points, because i have more charges on the card compared to last months bill.  they report the CURRENT new balance to the bureaus, so until they report that you PAID it down some next month, it'll remain low,  TRY not to use more than 30% of your credit limit.  after that  your score goes down the more u spend.