Question

cstroup2

Nelnet/Navient Help
I applied to consolidate my student loans in February. The loans were paid off and consolidated on April 2, 2015. I called Nelnet numerous times and their representatives confirmed that my credit report would update on April 30, 2015 to show that my old loans were paid off and I only had the one consolidated loan. I checked my credit report today and the old loans are still showing as owing and the consolidated loan is not showing up. My dilemma is that I'm under contract to buy a house and the lender has advised that I cannot proceed until my credit report update with the loan consolidation. Nelnet claims they have reported the changes. Does anyone know how soon the Nelnet updates should show on my credit report or have any ideas on how to expedite the process?

Where are you checking your credit report?  If it is just here on this site, the updates may take a while because, to teach people about credit (which is what Credit Karma was established for) it is not necessary to have the most current information to demonstrate the credit principles.

Go to annualcreditreport.com to check all three credit reports to make sure they are accurate.  It's wise to check these three reports annually and dispute all wrong information.