Question

Nikki092907

Need to raise my credit score over 100 points as quickly as possible
I am working on making timely payments etc. I would like to get approved for a mortgage, but in order to do so I need to improve my score about 120 points. I am currently renting and would like to save money and begin paying a mortgage asap. I have been timely lately, but I have some negatives on my credit report I have been paying on....here is my question, the ones that were sent to collections previously and have since been paid off, is there anyway to get those removed before the seven year fall off period?
Thank you for any help

Most Helpful Response

Beware. The person (crlevy) who posted the recommendation for the site cr*d****.com is probably a comment spammer. That site and a related one get promoted a lot by phony posters who eventually get kicked off Credit Karma.

But that person's first line is right. Coming to grips with credit reality means that you recognize that while scores drop quickly, they rise only slowly. And no, sorry, you can't remove negative records. It does sound as if you're already on your way to better credit habits and those will serve you in the long run. You might not be able to qualify for a mortgage now, but give that behavior a few years and you'll be golden.