Question

JCOBOSTON

Need help. No credit - worst score.
Stupidly had everything in my (ex) husbands name for the last fifteen years and now I am left with NO credit - nothing outstanding or in collection - not Bad, just NONE so therefore have the lowest possible score. How do you recover from that if I cannot even get a basic credit card because of the score? I make a vry good salary. Meanwhile, my son who is a student with no credit and no revenue could get a card in nanosecond. Any/all suggestions are welcome!

You need to start building credit with a SECURED credit card that is reported to all three credit bureaus. Capital One may be a good place to go for this. In addition to getting the secured credit card, you need to do a lot of reading on how to build credit.

Don't worry ,  as long as you don't have any bad information on your Credit Report you will be fine.  It will just take time. 

* Get a Secured Credit Card with about 400 dollars.
use it wisely and pay in full when you do use it. 

wait about 4 to 6 months and then apply for a store Credit Card. ( Target, Walmart, JCP, Old Navy, etc ... )

Only Purchase Items you have the money for with your Credit Card.  

Look at my profile have the history of when I started to rebuild my Credit back in 2011.   I was close to 600.

Have a Plan on building your Credit 

Make sure you have a monthly budget and stick to it. 

Good Luck.