Question

LupusSapien

Need Car to qualify for Job, Need Job to afford Car - Catch 22
I'm in a bind. I interviewed for 2 positions at a company and they loved me, but I'm required to have a car to do the job. I just graduated college and lost my on-campus job because they can't keep non-students.

I need advice on getting a car FAST (I might lose to another applicant if I can't get it within a week or two) and with no down payment. My credit score is fair (670), and the job will pay well.

Don't bother telling me to wait several months and save up for the Down Payment. I need the car to get the job, but I need the job to get the car. Can anyone help me?

Can you rent a beater car from like "ugly duckling rent a car"?

LupusSapien

I don't feel like logging in. The company specifically requires that it be a vehicle I own with expensive insurance (100,000/300,000/100,000). The only good news is I was able to get a hold of almost 1k for the down payment.