Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

ahkilleeze24

My insurance company canceled my insurance without notification, damaging my credit. Is this legal?
I noticed I hadn't been auto-billed for car insurance for a couple months and got worried. I contacted the insurance company to find out what was going on and they said that they canceled my policy almost three months ago. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it didn't damage my insurance score and cause my rate to go from $150 to $450 FOR ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES because of being uninsured. I was not sent any notification by phone, mail, or email. I have tried resolving the issue with State Farm but they claim they sent me a notice by mail (I never got it-I keep ALL of my mail and all other paperwork) and that there's nothing they can do for me.