Question

Arnnette1965

My goal is to purchase a home. How can I improve my credit score to purchase a home.
I have rented for years, with rent payments up to 725.00 never missed a payment. I was thinking is rent to own the best choice me me at this point.

Most Helpful Response

I would suggest talking to family and friends and see if they recommend a good loan officer.  Or you can call a few local places and speak to loan officers.  Explain that you are just starting out, and that you may be a work in progress.  Treat the initial discussion as an interview, you are interviewing loan officers to see who you are comfortable working with for 2-6+ months.  You want to work with someone that you believe will go the extra mile to help you, whether that is improving your credit score, answering calls on weekends, etc.

A good loan officer should be able to help direct you on improving credit scores, going over different options, etc.

Read the articles on this site so you can learn how to build your credit and also to determine if owning a home is workable in your case.  Credit Karma's purpose is to help people learn about how credit works and help them to build a good credit score.