Question

jrdpc49

My age of credit is incorrect and hurting my credit score.
My mortgage is showing a date of 6/2009 (re-finance). Original loan that was re-financed goes back to 9/2002. They are using 2009 date. How can I correct to original date?

Are you saying there are two separate accounts listed (the '09 refi and the '02 original mortgage?) or that the report is only showing the refi?

If it's the former then you should contact the first lender about how they're reporting (confirm that they're reporting that it's been paid/transferred/refi'd) and then follow up with the bureaus.

If it's the latter, then it could be because a refi is essentially a new mortgage.

jrdpc49

in 2002 it was with Countrywide which Bank of America bought.  It was refinanced in 2009 with Bank of America.  Same company.  Age of mortggage should revert to 2002 not 2009.  Am I right perhaps?