Question

CorysMyth

My actual pull was 100 points LOWER than credit karma...
Imagine my embarrassment.. I've been working hard for over a year to get my credit on track for buying a home.. Literally doing everything the way "experts" tell you to get your financial house in order. I also made sure i checked my CK every week.. well, to my surprise, when i finally thought i had a great score and decided to pull my credit for a preapproval, i was actually ONE HUNDRED+ points LOWER than CK's highest.. and still 50 points lower than CK's lowest.. My cap 1, and CK both pull transunion, and there was over 100 points difference.. Needless to say, i will not be checking CK any longer as, at least for me, this service is an utter waste of time.. I mean i understand differences occur and things happen, but 2 completely different score pulled by the same agency, with more than 100 point difference? Pft, i'll spend my time elsewhere..

Different scoring models will produce different numbers.  You cannot rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  You don't have just one score per CRA.  For most models you have a score with each CRA and there are many scoring models used by creditors.

If you want to know what a creditor will pull for you then you need to know the CRA and the scoring model used.  Even then, not all scores are available to consumers.  Don't rely on the scores from CK unless you know for certain that specific creditor uses TU or EQ and VantageScore 3.0

Mortage lenders typically use one of the older FICO models which do tend to generate lower numbers.