Question

gaddism

Mortgage lender required accounts closed, now credit scores are in toilet
6 months ago after closing accounts required by mortgage lender in order to get a mortgage refinance, my scores dropped from 700's to 625 - 630 range. Now it appears I'm credit unworthy. How can I improve scores? We paid off and closed some accounts but apparently closing the accounts after paying off a few really screwed up the scores. I don't have any more cash flow. Some accounts with no balances were required to be closed. I feel like the mortgage company didn't do me any favors. How long before they might come back up?

Sorry to hear that. You would expect that a mortgage lender should know things about credit, but unfortunately many people do not care about their jobs or what they need to know for their jobs, every industry has idiots and that is scary. All you can really do is to let time roll and you may have to get dinged again to open more accounts if you have too few now. Do as much reading on credit as you can BEFORE you proceed with doing anything, remember, you are the only person that you can trust.