Question

imanage717

mortgage after bankruptcy
I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy this week, My question is are there any real companies that deal with bad credit mortgages? I know I have to wait a while but just want to start researching them, I want to move to Florida from NY and buy a home to complete my "fresh Start"
Any help will be appreciated

Bankruptcy is NOT a Fresh Start

Unless you consider starting over from scratch to rebuild your credit a fresh start.  In that case, it is, but that rebuilding takes time.  I know because I've been there!!

You'll have ten years to research mortgages because that's how long it will take for the bankruptcy to get off your credit record.  Just be prepared to pay a higher rate of interest than the majority.  What may help you is if you save up money to make a decent down payment on the house you want. 

Just giving you a bit of a reality check.