Question

my5destiny65

Monterey Finance paid November 18, 2010
I understand I have an active acct. of $174 to be paid, and it will get paid off. Monterey Finance should not still be on my credit report after 3 years. Is there something else I need to do to have it removed? Any advice would be appreciated Thank you

Most Helpful Response

Any credit account you have will generally be reported on your credit reports for 7 years, then they will drop off.  It is part of your credit history and must remain until that time.  If you check all three credit reports annually as you are advised to, you will learn when it will drop off.

These guys are on my credit report and it was started back in 2011. I filed off bankcruptcy and it was finalized in Oct 2013. So if it happens to be someone I DID get then it should've been bundled with it. I'm a bit confused and don't know how to fix this.