Question

Jay0903

Missed a payment and credit score took a bad hit, paid it off will it go back up?
I always pay off my credit cards on time and not one missed payment. I went on a trip and thought that I paid off a credit card I used (bank of America). I never really use that card anyways. So 60 days go by and I get an email from credit karma saying credit changed and I expected something good like my credit line went up or score. I sign in and MY SCORE DROPPED 113 points! I was devastated because I worked so hard to increase my credit and was at great credit!!! Just paid everything off this morning, so still processing. Is there anything I can do to get this off my report? Will it stay on there? I just want my score to go back up to where I had it! Please any help? Or reccomendations?

Most Helpful Response

You could contact BOA and ask if they could forgive you and remove the missed payment from your reports. You should do some reading on "goodwill letters" and "goodwill requests". Your request for them to remove the missed payment will probably not be granted, BUT it is worth a try. In most cases missed/late payments will remain on your credit reports for 7 years. Damage will be pretty significant for the first year or two, but the damage will subside as the missed/late ages, but it still is not good.

When you bring your account back up to "current"? Your scores will increas some, but it won't be near where it was. Only thing you can do at this point is hoping the "good will" letter works, you might need to send it few times and someone who is higher up. Best of luck.