Question

Jim53703

Medical Bills and Credit Reports
Hello,

I have had 6 surgeries in the past 5 and one-half years. Despite my best efforts, this resulted in some small medical bills going to collection or judgement. I have paid all these bills in full over the past year. Is there a way to get them removed from my credit reports? Thank you.

Jim

Good Question

Hey Jim, you lost your negotiating power when you paid the bills. Before you pay any collections negotiate to have them deleted or the status changed to pays as agreed. The only thing i can thing of is to despute the accounts the credit bureaus. I hope this helps!

brandjj70

Correction!

Hey Jim, you lost your negotiating power when you paid the bills. Before you pay any collections negotiate to have them deleted or the status changed to pays as agreed. The only thing I can think of is to dispute the accounts in question with the credit bureaus. I hope this helps!