Question

kimofry122

Medical Bill from age 15
I just turned 18 about 17 days ago and I have applied to three student cards I was looking to get and I did all my research. I was declined by all due to a "delinquent bill on my account". Come to find it is a medical bill from when I was 15 for $12.00 that went to a collections agency in MY NAME. Can I dispute this? Shouldn't this be on my parents' credit and not mine??

Most Helpful Response

Definitely dispute it. You may even consider suing over this as it did actual damages to you by being denied for credit and suffering dings to your scores for the inquiries unnecessarily. Call a consumer law attorney that practices in your state and sue them. Many consumer law attorneys that deal with debt collectors will not charge you anything up front and will work on contingency.