Question

JeremyRios54

Limited Credit Score? What can I do?!
Credit Karma is telling me that I have "Limited Credit". My dilemma is that I'm trying to build a credit score but I'm being denied for every single credit card I've applied for. What can I do? Are there any cards that I can get? Any and all advice will be very helpful!! Thank you in advance.

If you're constantly getting denied, try opening a secured credit card with a bank. Use it, make timely payments on it and that will establish a credit history for you. You might also want to take out a secured loan as well, that way you have a mix of different types of creidt (revolving and installment). After so many payments, the credit card and loan will become unsecured, and you should then be able to apply for more credit.

Unfortunately, it's going to take time to get a credit history going - your score goes up the longer you have open lines of credit (as long as they remain in good standing). It's a slow process, but you'll get there.