Question

stephinpdx

Lender pulled credit and its 70 points difference
I've been working to rebuild credit and qualify to refinance my mortgage. My credit was finally at 645 and my partner's at 610 (having been told they both needed to be above 600) and then the lender pulled it and mine was actually 570. I feel frustrated because I understood the Credit Karma scores wouldn't be perfect, but a 70 point difference? I'm not sure of the point of using Credit Karma if the numbers are so far from reality. Any thoughts?

Do some reading on the different scoring models and versions used for credit. You get Vantage scores here and your lender most likely uses a version of FICO scores. Yes it can be normal to have that much of a difference between different scoring models.

Anyone do basic Research here on CreditKarma would have known this.  

Why did you do your research?