Question

Earlyriser340

Lease, buy, sell?
Preparing to apply for a mortgage but need to bring my monthly car payment down. Do I trade in my expensive vehicle for a lease vehicle to bring my payment down substantially? Do trade in for inexpensive used car with lower payments? And if I do how badly will car shopping affect my credit?

You incur hits from hard pulls.  A new car loan will drop your average age of accounts.  It's impossible to give you a number of points.

However, general advice is no new credit 6 months to 1 year prior to a mortgage.  Are you discussing all this with you rmortgage lender?