Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

Lau54

Late start w credit
I have no delinquencies. But I do have 45% utilization and because I finally decided to build some credit accepted many cards I have 10. Must have 0 balance. The 2 that I use most are up and down averaging half available credit. Is it better to use less available credit on more cards or more on less cards. I have only missed 1 payment in all my cards total. My first card is more than 5 years old. But the few I got recent bring my length of credit to 1.5 years :(. My score sits at a low 550 should I accept the Amex day card and consolidate to save a few bucks. Would that help. Or just sit w what I have. I need to raise my credit to help my daughter as a co sign for her ... Do I need a prepaid. How do I raise my credit quick ?

If you have 10 cards, you do not need any more for scoring purposes. Pay down your balances, that will give a quick score boost when the cards report with a lower utilization and do not miss or be late with any more payments, that missed payment is hurting you and will continue to as well as the excessive number of accounts opened recently that has reduced the average age of your accounts. You asked about a "prepaid", I have no idea why you would mention a prepaid card as they have nothing to do with your credit, if you were referring to a Secured card, no you do not need one. The best thing you can do is STOP applying for any new credit and do some thorough research on how to use credit the best way.