Question

patrickward978

Late Payments Over 7 Years
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to boost my credit score by a few points and have 3 Student Loan accounts that have been paid off and show a few late payments on each. In September all 3 of those accounts with be 7 years old. Is it worth it to dispute them and just have the accounts removed from my credit report entirely or is it possible to just remove the late payments? I'm not sure if it will hurt me having the entire accounts removed. Let me know at your convenience. Appreciate the help folks!

Regards,

It would hurt you to have these accounts removed in their entirety. The only thing that you want removed is the negative information, you NEVER want to remove positive information or accounts that were closed in good standing from your credit reports. Contact the credit bureaus and ask them to do an early exclusion on the late payments. Do some research on "Early Exclusion"

Over 7 years still showing late payments

I got a motorcycle loan over 7 years ago and never paid it off the last payment made was in 2008. It shows on equifax that I'm only on time with 42% of my payments because of this but transunion shows I'm on time 100% anybody know how I can get this off my credit since it's so old?