Question

Teeko42

Just found out Walmart just closed my account cause I didn't use it for 2 yrs is this bad?
Applied for an increase last week got it raised from 250 to 1000. Checked account today and said it was closed due to inactivity. Talked to customer service and gave them a piece of my mind. Will this have a negative affect on my credit score which I've worked hard to get improved. Now I haven't used the credit card for 2 years. But I didn't asked for it to be closed

not really

So in practical terms the negatives will be that now your total credit limit will have decreased (your utilization will increase as a percentage) and also your average age of credit line will decrease (that 2 year credit line now won't count). It should not greatly impact though unless you already had high utilization

You should use a credit card at least once every six months to keep the account active.