Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
Judgement settlement sample letter please!
Hello, I am in need of some help if possible. I have a judgement on my credit reports from 2013. It was originally for unpaid medical bills for my children for around approx 7,000. I started getting garnished in the beginning of 2014 but the garnishment stopped once my wife and I split up and I started getting garnished for court ordered child support for our 5 children. The remaining balance of the judgement is approx 5,000. So I have already paid around 2,000. I am really wanting to get this judgement taken care of but with limited funds I cannot pay the full amount. My ex wife is included in the judgement but she is not working and not willing to pay any of it. I think the correct term I have heard is we are both judgement proof. I am already being garnished for CS so they cannot get their money from me and she is unemployed to they cannot get their money from her. So I am hoping this might make them more willing to work with me. I want to send in a settlement offer letter for as little as possible and also make sure to remind them they have already gotten a big portion of their money. Can anyone help me with a sample letter? Also if possible can a ask them to vacate the judgement as well? or has it been too long.. if so can you include that part in the sample letter? if not can you include the appropriate wording asking them to file a satisfaction of judgement? I can fill in names and exact dollar amounts of original amount and remaining amount when I get the information from the court. any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you SO much in advance!!

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.

All Responses

Result 1-1 of 1Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
Top Contributor
7948 Contributions
1574 People Helped

Helpful to 2 out of 3 people

Just send them a sincere letter explaining your situation and your desire to take care of the judgement rather than not pay anything. You have made a good case in your question above, so I think you have what it takes to send a good letter in your own words. Just remember to be as polite as you can with them and be careful how you "remind them" of the money they've already got on this judgement. It is doubtful to me that they will both settle for less and remove the judgement from your records, but I suppose you could try.

Result 1-1 of 1Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.