Question

Jashlei

Judgement paid, but it wasn't mine - How do I get it off?
My mom got a time share many years ago and was unable to continue paying for it. It looks like she eventually paid whatever was due, but it's showing up on my credit report too. I don't know why that is. I don't recall signing any papers with her when she got it.

Since it has already been paid, I guess I can't dispute it right? But either way I want it off because it's a negative mark and is affecting my score. How do I handle this?

Write the credit bureaus a dispute letter. Ask them to check the validity of the debt because you believe it is not your debt.