Question

Redheadangel6737

Items on credit report affecting score, but are in bankruptcy, so why?
I have worked really hard to correct my credit after a divorce and filing bankruptcy. However, Equifax continually counts items that are in my bankruptcy as open collection accounts, and I don't understand why. Does anyone know how to fight this? I have almost a 700 credit score with an OPEN bankruptcy, so I'm doing really good, but these items are just so confusing! HELP!

Those tems were part of your  credit history at the time you filed the bankruptcy so will remain part of that history un til 7 yea rs have passed.  Bankruptcy does not erase anything at the time of filing.