Question

KG0617

Is there anything you can do to increase credit score caused by late school loan payments?
My student loans caught up with me after graduation & I could not find a job. I was making "enough" according to their calculations to make the set payments, but even working 2 jobs I was doing all I could to pay my car note and rent. Therefore, I now have 3 months of late payments for school loans. It was later I found out that each semesters' loans counted each time against my credit score even though I pay one payment amount for all. I have 3 different accounts showing late for 3 months. Is there anything you can do to reduce this or help build your score even with this issue?

Keep up regular payments.

Since it does take several years to get the student loans paid in full, a history of regular payments will soon wipe out the late on your credit report and make your score rise.  The good will outweigh the bad rather quickly.  This works with virtually any account where circumstances caused a short period of late payments.