Question

norcalmon

Is there any way to have my student loans NOT count towards my credit score?
I have $166,802 in student loan debt listed on my credit report. It's currently active and I "pay" on time. What I mean is, I'm in a program where I make $0 monthly payments and after 7 more years of teaching in a public school (Title 1) in CA, my loans will be forgiven completely. In the meantime, that "balance" is significantly reducing my credit score. My cc debt is at $1000, I have "active debt" of $640, and my credit scores are EQ 563 and TU 572.

Unfortunately, student loans are one of those debts that will not be disregarded until paid/dismissed.  Mine had to be forgiven due to permanent disability and before that happened, my credit score was low, also. I suggest  working on making sure credit card debt is paid in full promptly and keep usage at or below 20% max.  We need good teachers so keep up the good work.