Question

K75K9

Is it better 4 credit rating 2 purcharse new car than used car?
Don't want to spend too much, but want good car. I can get more car for less $ if I buy used since I only want to spend $15,000 or less. I have good credit, but am wondering if financing a used car will be more detrimental to my credit report than financing an new car.

Most Helpful Response

If that is the maximum you wish to spend, you should be able to find a decent used vehicle.  Just shop around.  It doesn't make that big a difference buying a new or used car.  The articles on this site are excellent at explaining what effects your credit very well.  If you haven't read them,please do.  I learned a lot!!

K75K9

Thank you for your quick and informative answer!